Thursday, December 18, 2008

Isn't that just like God?

I have been pastoring. No, I have not been out in the field watching my flock by night. That is a pasture. This is about being a pastor. Gotta it?

I have been talking with someone who is struggling with life. Nothing deep or even different then what life hands each of us every once in awhile. Just life. 
I like when God gives me words that surpass any wisdom I would ever think of having at a moment and I get to pass those profound thoughts on to another. That is pastoring (no, it is not a real verb - but I like the word anyway). Give me a break, I am not writing a paper for my philosophy class, just putting some words down on a blog...don't get distracted by my made up words. Stay focused.

The interesting aspect of this moment is the fact it took place over facebook. Yea, the internet community that carries advertisements for teeth whitening and Oprah's new diet ideas. God used this crazy "devil filled" internet so I could reach out to someone hours away and say, "hey, I hear you and I understand". 

Isn't that just like God? Yea, God used a burning bush with Moses. God used a talking mule with Balaam. And God used a pregnant teenager (that I still believe was a virgin) to bring a savior into this world. Don't underestimate God to use about anything to remind humanity that their creator is still well aware of their needs and loves them passionately.

Isn't that just like God?

No comments: