Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Isaiah 40:28-31

I really appreciate a Scripture that talks about soaring. 
However, I don't know how much soaring I have been doing lately. 
Some days I feel more like the only eagles I have seen...the ones in cages and their wings are clipped.
I sure have been doing my share of waiting on the Lord. 
And that is okay. I can sometimes be an little impatient, so this is a great lesson for me to be learning. 
I heard a Bible Study teacher recently pointing out this Scripture is not about waiting on an "event", but waiting on the Lord. Waiting to be renewed by God. Not waiting for that event, moment or action to take place in our lives. Waiting on the Lord. 
Not an easy task. 
Sometimes I can wait for something to happen to be renewed. Depending on this or that to take place before I feel like soaring. 
But the truth is...we soar when we hope, wait, depend on the Lord. 
So, I have been praying this Scripture a lot lately. 
Thought you might need to be reminded yourself that God desires for us all to "not get weary". Be renewed...wait on the Lord. 

No comments: