Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's that about?

The Israelites wandered around in the wilderness for 40 years. They whined and complained most of the time. 

I am very aware of this because I am reading the book of Exodus right now and I just turned 40. Experiencing those two things at the same time is probably not healthy for the psyche. 

I want to whine and complain about a list of things in my life, yet I see where it got the Israelites and I shut my mouth quickly. 

God did not provide for the Israelites because they complained. God provides because God is faithful. 

I am wandering and I have been wandering for 40 years now. And yes, God has been faithful and has been faithful for 40 years through times of drought and times of manna. My complaints have not related to the drought or manna times - but my lessons have!

What's that about?

No comments: